Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at PlasticSurgerySpot.com

Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at PlasticSurgerySpot.com (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/)
-   Skin Care (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/skin-care/)
-   -   Can use others input (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/skin-care/1793-can-use-others-input.html)

chumly 06-16-2010 04:43 AM

Can use others input
 
:)Hi everyone,
I was not sure where to post this message. I hope this is the correct place.
I am new to this forum and joined in the hopes of getting some good advice from experienced people.
I am a 40 year old, white, female who will be turning 41 in about a month from now. I am very concerned with aging and would like to do all I can to prevent and even reverse as much as possible the signs of aging.
I currently just use a daily moisturizer and once a week I purchase an over the counter facial treatment put out by Monagne Jennesse for $2.00.
I feel that at my age I should be doing alot more but there is just so much out there and it gets so confusing on where to begin.
Can anybody direct me?? What kind of daily regime would you recommend for someone at my age such as brands of creams and moisturizers?? What about things like chemical peels and botox??
What kinds of things do others on here do to reverse and prevent signs of aging??
Any thoughts or input on this would be greatly appreicated.
Thanks so much in advance for your help.:):)

Mr. Z 06-19-2010 12:21 AM

There are others on here that would be more qualified for advice on Botox/peels etc but for skin care this is my input:

- A good cream with UV protection. UV exposure is a cause of premature skin aging. For one that can be picked up at a drugstore I like Olay Regenerist.

- Hyaluronic acid cream/serum can be used underneath once or twice daily. Hyaluronic acid absorbs a 1,000 times its weight in water and helps with plumping. The best time to apply is after drying off from taking a shower, when the skin is hydrated. Prices range from $20 to $200 but for on the low end Reviva Labs hyaluronic acid serum has a respectable concentration and can be picked up for under $20 online.

chumly 07-03-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Z (Post 8059)
There are others on here that would be more qualified for advice on Botox/peels etc but for skin care this is my input:

- A good cream with UV protection. UV exposure is a cause of premature skin aging. For one that can be picked up at a drugstore I like Olay Regenerist.

- Hyaluronic acid cream/serum can be used underneath once or twice daily. Hyaluronic acid absorbs a 1,000 times its weight in water and helps with plumping. The best time to apply is after drying off from taking a shower, when the skin is hydrated. Prices range from $20 to $200 but for on the low end Reviva Labs hyaluronic acid serum has a respectable concentration and can be picked up for under $20 online.

Thanks very much for your response, Mr. Z, it is very helpful....I will definetly look into those items. Thanks also for letting me know that they are cost efficient as well.:)
Do you (or anybody on here) also know anything about any of the products out there that claim to take away years off a persons appearence in "x" amount of time?? Do you know if any of these products really work like they claim???
What about collagen elastin?? How important is that in my skin regime?
Thanks again for your help!:):)

chumly 07-03-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la_angel (Post 8148)
You know how I love my Olay :p

good to keep in mind..thanks:)

robyne00 07-09-2010 08:48 AM

Freeze 24/7 has a great line of products. They are costly, but definitely worth it.

chumly 07-12-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robyne00 (Post 8226)
Freeze 24/7 has a great line of products. They are costly, but definitely worth it.


Robyne00, thanks so much for the suggestion! I am certainly going to look into that as well. :D

t_andes 07-27-2010 01:47 PM

Others have already given good advise on creams hence I wont repeat them. All I will add is have plenty of water and do not underestimate the power of a healthy diet on your skin. For me, cosmetic surgeries and good food are the best ways to fight the signs of ageing :-)

MrMidwest 08-15-2010 08:12 PM

Hi there,
I just wanted to respond to your post in regards to anti-aging products. When I read your post it made me think of a product my wife and several women she knows are fans of. The product is called Artistry Creme L X. This product works instantly. It is a bit pricey, but it works well and covers all areas mentioned in your post. Please let me know if you would like more information. Thank you.

chumly 08-16-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t_andes (Post 8421)
Others have already given good advise on creams hence I wont repeat them. All I will add is have plenty of water and do not underestimate the power of a healthy diet on your skin. For me, cosmetic surgeries and good food are the best ways to fight the signs of ageing :-)

Thanks for the response!:) I agree with you about keeping hydrated with water and eating healthy being so important. I do drink plenty of water and as a vegan I do get my fair share of healthy green vegetables and fruits.:)
You also mentioned the importance of cosmetic surgery. That is very interesting. I was just wondering what kinds of cosmetic surgery you are referring to??
Thanks once again for taking the time out to respond.:)

chumly 08-16-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMidwest (Post 8596)
Hi there,
I just wanted to respond to your post in regards to anti-aging products. When I read your post it made me think of a product my wife and several women she knows are fans of. The product is called Artistry Creme L X. This product works instantly. It is a bit pricey, but it works well and covers all areas mentioned in your post. Please let me know if you would like more information. Thank you.

Thanks for the response as well. :) I would definetly like to learn more about this product. It sounds great! Thanks again.:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.5.2 © 2010, Crawlability, Inc.