Scars are a unique imperfection as they are damaged skin with no pores. This causes a scar to resist the standard style foundations on the market. For dramatic scars your best bet is specialized scar cover up found at most dermatologist offices. If you only have a small scar, you will want to use the driest foundation you can find. Apply moisturizer over the scar first. Then place powder over the moisturizer, before the foundation. This combination of moisturizer and powder will help the cover up to stick to the scar. Then, cover the scar with the foundation and blend the edges.
Some application for best makeup to cover up scars with:
* Thoroughly clean your face, making sure all of yesterday’s makeup is removed.
* Apply a moisturizer if needed.
* Start with your basic foundation in the sheerest formula you can handle.
* Apply a thin layer over the entire face. This will instantly even your skin tone and some can even stop here.
* Next, apply extra coverage where you need it. This can be with a thicker foundation stick or cream, or you can also use the same sheer foundation with a heavier layer.
* Build this process in layers until you achieve the level of smooth complexion you desire.
After you have completed your application, test your look in a variety of lights. Look at your reflection in the hallway mirror and even take your compact outside for a natural light check. Touch up or blend away if needed. Different lights will greatly affect how your cover up ultimately looks. As a face is not flat, shadows affect your appearance in low light and outside lighting tends to show a more natural you.