Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at

Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at (
-   Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty) (
-   -   Some info on considering a surgeon? (

Flack 02-08-2012 12:43 AM

Some info on considering a surgeon?
3 Attachment(s)

I am currently sixteen years old.
When I was very, very young I got hit in the face. It caused the bone(?) in the tip of my nose to (how it was described to me) to be pushed upwards.
I have had a very flat, wide, almost rectangular nose my whole life. Where there should be bone or cartlidge(sp) or whatever, my nose is very soft. I can squish it down very effortlessly and it's completely flat. I've been teased a great deal through school, and I'm still very self conscious about it.

I went to a doctor here (In Calgary) a couple of years ago, who explained to me that my bridge would have to be rebuilt from a piece of my rib. She would however not do any procedure on me (regardless of parental consent) because I was well under 18.

I don't know if someone just... putting a bridge in would give me the results I want?
I need my nose to be more narrow, it's very big at its widest point. I also believe my nose is what caused some wrinkle-like folding skin in the corners of my eye. My nose is actually wider (widest) in the middle where there is actually hardness, rather than at the round, boneless, "squishy" tip.

I'll attach pictures of my nose. I've searched the internet relentlessly and I can't find any procedures on someone with my problem. Any information anyone can give me would be great regarding what results to expect, how to go about finding a surgeon, etc, etc.

EuropaInt 02-10-2012 05:09 AM

Though I wish you find some body who might be able to help you. otherwise you can also post your question to this online service: Ask Plastic Surgeons Questions - Plastic Surgery Experts Answer Your Questions - Plastic Surgery Answers From Board Certified Plastic Surgeons , as it is always better to ask an expert.

miyuki 02-10-2012 10:40 PM

Ideally I would look for someone who specializes in revision rhinoplasty, and grafting in specific. It looks like you will need to have some rib grafting and nose lengthening done but only a surgeon would know for sure. If you go over to you can post your picture there and they will respond to your question about how to approach the issue.

Maybe you have a saddle nose deformity? Here are some pictures of something similar.

Revision rhinoplasty with rib cartilage graft & ear cartilage graft - Sam Naficy, MD, Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.5.2 © 2010, Crawlability, Inc.