Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at PlasticSurgerySpot.com

Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at PlasticSurgerySpot.com (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/)
-   Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty) (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose-surgery-primary-revision-rhinoplasty/)
-   -   Swelling & sensitivity after rhinoplasty in the tip of my nose normal? (http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose-surgery-primary-revision-rhinoplasty/2636-swelling-sensitivity-after-rhinoplasty-tip-my-nose-normal.html)

mariat1 05-12-2011 09:13 PM

Swelling & sensitivity after rhinoplasty in the tip of my nose normal?
 
I had rhinoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago. the tip on my nose is so senitive and sore, as well as very hard. I feel its getting harder and more swolllen with each passing day. Has anybody experience this before and is it normal? Thanks for any feed back
maria

KristenMarie 05-13-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariat1 (Post 10789)
I had rhinoplasty 2 1/2 weeks ago. the tip on my nose is so senitive and sore, as well as very hard. I feel its getting harder and more swolllen with each passing day. Has anybody experience this before and is it normal? Thanks for any feed back
maria

Yes, it's completely normal. Mine still hurts if I bump it and it's been 5 months since surgery. My tip is also still hard, but getting a little softer. It's the swelling

mariat1 05-13-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristenMarie (Post 10793)
Yes, it's completely normal. Mine still hurts if I bump it and it's been 5 months since surgery. My tip is also still hard, but getting a little softer. It's the swelling

Thanks for your responce! its reassuring to hear. Its hard because to me it looks like it will still be round. Cant wait for it to go away!! thank you again

regards,
maria

KristenMarie 05-13-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariat1 (Post 10797)
Thanks for your responce! its reassuring to hear. Its hard because to me it looks like it will still be round. Cant wait for it to go away!! thank you again

regards,
maria

No problem! I actually asked my ENT about it 2 weeks ago because I was nervous over the same thing! The tip is pretty much the "window" as to how your healing is progressing, as it is usually the last place to completely heal / to have the swelling go away. That made me kind of excited to find out because that means my nose will still be changing in the upcoming months!

EZSL 05-18-2011 08:00 PM

Hi,
I had my rhino about 7 months ago. It's true, the tip will the slowest and last.
My still can be a little sensitive if I brush it slightly accidently, but no pain.
It is better than two montsh ago, but I think it is still healing and might still
be shrinking. I hope so. I would like for it to be a little
smaller. I will wait for a year to pass to really judge the tip.

EZSL 05-18-2011 08:01 PM

Hi,
I had my rhino about 7 months ago. It's true, the tip will the slowest and last.
My still can be a little sensitive if I brush it slightly accidently, but no pain.
It is better than two montsh ago, but I think it is still healing and might still
be shrinking. I hope so. I would like for it to be a little
smaller. I will wait for a year to pass to really judge the tip.

mariat1 05-19-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristenMarie (Post 10793)
Yes, it's completely normal. Mine still hurts if I bump it and it's been 5 months since surgery. My tip is also still hard, but getting a little softer. It's the swelling

Thank You, thats good to know. something else that i feel is happing is that one side of the tip is more swolling then they other, has that happened with you?

mariat1 05-19-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZSL (Post 10837)
Hi,
I had my rhino about 7 months ago. It's true, the tip will the slowest and last.
My still can be a little sensitive if I brush it slightly accidently, but no pain.
It is better than two montsh ago, but I think it is still healing and might still
be shrinking. I hope so. I would like for it to be a little
smaller. I will wait for a year to pass to really judge the tip.

Hey , thanks for the responce. I hope yours will be what you want in the end. Ive even heard that it could take up to 2yrs for all the sweeling to really go away! So wait before you make any changes. I can totally relate though, sometimes i look at mine and wish the same, but im only 3 weeks in. I do feel on side is worst then the other.I mean i think the right side is more swolling, therfor making that side look a bit larger. Have you experienced that in your 7 months so far????

KristenMarie 05-19-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariat1 (Post 10841)
Hey , thanks for the responce. I hope yours will be what you want in the end. Ive even heard that it could take up to 2yrs for all the sweeling to really go away! So wait before you make any changes. I can totally relate though, sometimes i look at mine and wish the same, but im only 3 weeks in. I do feel on side is worst then the other.I mean i think the right side is more swolling, therfor making that side look a bit larger. Have you experienced that in your 7 months so far????

I have! My left side is more swollen than my right, but I had more done on that side. H said if it is still unequal after a year, he will I've me steroid injections on that side to bring down the swelling more quickly

EZSL 05-19-2011 04:35 PM

Hi,
yes, my nose just like most was not symetrical. So I guess he had tried to correct that. At first I couldn't tell a difference between left and right side, because my nose was so swallen after the cast was taken off, that it even looked bigger than my original nose. I was so scared. I was like what the hell, isn't my nose suppose to look smaller after rhinoplasty, and not bigger as mine did. So basically you have to wait and see how it will change for you. In the first few months my nose would look different when viewed in 3/4 views. My right side was more swallen for at least the first three months. Now it has gotten slimmer and better. I hope it still will go down and become more even.
But even to this day, when I wake up in the morning every day, my nose is still swallen. Especially when I touch it I can feel it. It goes down to normal in about an hour or so.

I had started a thread right after I had my surgery. And posted some photos before and after up to the third/fourth month. Take a look. I will post new photos next month when I hit my 8month mark.
http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/no...procedure.html


Quote:

Originally Posted by mariat1 (Post 10841)
Hey , thanks for the responce. I hope yours will be what you want in the end. Ive even heard that it could take up to 2yrs for all the sweeling to really go away! So wait before you make any changes. I can totally relate though, sometimes i look at mine and wish the same, but im only 3 weeks in. I do feel on side is worst then the other.I mean i think the right side is more swolling, therfor making that side look a bit larger. Have you experienced that in your 7 months so far????



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.5.2 © 2010, Crawlability, Inc.