Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at

Plastic Surgery Forum & Message Board at (
-   Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty) (
-   -   Convex cartiliges? (

London 04-26-2010 07:46 PM

Convex cartiliges?
What does it mean to have convex cartiliges? That was was of the comments I got from a doctor I emailed.

robyne00 04-26-2010 08:00 PM

It means that the cartilage in your nose bulges and/or curves outwards, which is not considered desirable in the nasal area.

London 04-26-2010 08:17 PM

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense and I agree, my tip is undesirable.

robyne00 04-26-2010 08:38 PM

The doc could've been referring to your dorum, philtrum, or septum. This was done through e-mail? Not the most accurate means of assessment. Be careful!

Mr. Z 04-27-2010 05:47 PM

It could mean a few things. Does it look anything like this

or is it a bulbous tip on the sides?

I believe a supra tip break deformity might also be called convex cartilage, vertical.

London 04-28-2010 10:21 PM

Attn: Mr. Z
2 Attachment(s)
I am thankful that I have a straight bridge but I have a bulbous tip for sure. Do you notice how very different my nostrils look from the front?

robyne00 04-29-2010 06:39 AM

You are right. Your nostrils look very different from the front. Definitely a tip issue.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.5.2 © 2010, Crawlability, Inc.