| | 5 Important Questions For Your Surgeon
5 Important Questions For Your Surgeon
- What are my options, from non-surgical to surgical, to help with this problem?
- How much experience do you have for performing this particular procedure? Can I see pictures of the work you’ve done? (An honest doctor will tell you that 3%-5% of scars are bad scars. He should also show you a range of results – average, wows and not-so-good results.)
- What is your background? Where did you train?
- Have you been the subject of any malpractice suits? (In our litigious society, the average plastic surgeon is sued once every three years.)
- What can I expect from the procedure? (If you’re a 60-year-old woman and a doctor tells you he’s going to make you look 30, walk out the door. He’s lying to you. The honest answer is that you’re still going to look 60, but a better-looking 60.)
I am an unpaid volunteer super moderator. I receive no remuneration from this site. Although I am a medical professional, any recommendations, statements, advice, or opinions I provide are mine, and mine alone. Consult carefully with the medical professional of your choice. All statements, recommendations, opinions, and advice expressed by me are mine personally – independent of the site and made as a forum member only – and do not necessarily reflect those of PlasticSurgerySpot.com.