How to check board certification of your surgeon
For most states this website allows you to:
- Check Board-Certification: A doctor's board-certification is the best indicator of his or her training in a particular medical or surgical specialty. Look for certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), the only Board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) to certify doctors in the specialty of plastic surgery.
- Check ASAPS Membership: ASAPS membership ensures that a doctor not only is ABPS-certified (or, in Canada, certified in plastic surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.) but also has significant experience in cosmetic surgery. ASAPS membership is by invitation only.
- Check Facility Accreditation: Cosmetic surgery can safely be performed in a hospital, a surgicenter or an office-based surgical facility: Current published data show that accredited office-based facilities have a safety record comparable to that of hospital ambulatory surgery settings. However, the majority of office-based surgical facilities are not accredited. Another advantage of selecting an ASAPS member is that all ASAPS surgeons operate in accredited, state-licensed or Medicare-certified facilities.
- Check Hospital Privileges: Before granting operating privileges, hospital review committees evaluate a surgeon's training and competency for specific procedures. Wherever the surgery will be performed, be sure that the surgeon has operating privileges in an accredited hospital for the same procedure being considered.
- Check Reliable Sources: Asking a patient's primary care doctor for recommendations is a good place to start, and friends may offer suggestions; but the surgeon's board-certification should always be verified independently by contacting the American Board of Plastic Surgery . Free referral information to board-certified plastic surgeons with significant experience in cosmetic surgery can be found on http://www.surgery.org. ASAPS' web site also offers extensive information about cosmetic surgical procedures.
I'm new here, I am very glad to be a member of this community, I'm a medical student and I've many queries related with surgery. I think this is the best platform for me.
installation and construction techniques
From the colour coding techniques to the installation and construction techniques, you will get a good idea about every single thing. The training gives you a basic idea about the job and the duty of an electrician and the apprenticeship takes you one step further and enables you to get closer to perfection. After completing your apprenticeship, you will be able to get into a job and then move on to become a Journeyman Electrician yourself. Some years later, you might even become a great Master Electrician overseeing your juniors!
Hi everyone I am new here and really feeling proud to be the part of this community. I want to explore all factors related to plastic surgery and other major things, which every person needs to know before having any type of major surgery. I think this is the perfect place for me.
I would like to add some more points:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.5.2 © 2010, Crawlability, Inc.